AMeBA supports and promotes the professional practice of applied behavior analysis in Maine.
To accomplish this goal we:
- Alert members to regional and national issues affecting the practice of ABA
- Encourage student development and scholarship in ABA
- Work with federal, state, governmental, and third party entities to support legislative advocacy for the professional practice of applied behavior analysis
- Support a credentialing for behavior analysts and assistant behavior analysts
- Advocate for behavior analysis services and the profession within a variety of treatment settings
- Provide resources to professionals in other fields and to consumers of behavior analytic services concerning the practice of applied behavior analysis
- Support improvements in and access to services provided by BACB credentialed professional behavior analysts
- Promote public understanding of the professional practice of behavior analysis.